Guys, are you ready to have your mouth water? Coconut Raspberry Lemon Crumb Bars! These are an all time favorite during summertime and sure a favorite in my house! I first saw the recepie over at Two Peas and Their Pod and decided to add a few of my own touches to it.
I got together with my good friend Jackie because let’s face it, who doesn’t like to bake with a friend? We used the HP x360 to help guide us the whole way. I will be posting all about this amazing computer tomorrow so stay tuned, it’s amazing!
Now, on to the recipe. I will have all the ingredients at the bottom and have a bit of a step-by-step throughout. Happy Cooking! But mostly, HAPPY EATING 🙂
Start with all your ingredients
Combine the Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt
In a separate bowl combine the brown sugar, regular sugar, and coconut oil. Use a mixer on high for about 3 mintues, until it’s fluffy. Next add the agg, vanilla extract & coconut extract.
Lastly, start to combine the flour mixture with the wet mixture. It should be very crumbly but still stick in clumps. Once you get to this point add 3/4 cup of the coconut flakes.
Press half of the dough in an 8×8 baking dish or a 9×7 Press firmly so it is packed.
Next open a jar of Lemon Curd and spread it even around. Add the rest of the crumble mixture all around the top and top the whole thing off with the remaining coconut flakes. Last but NOT least crush up some fresh raspberrie sand sprinkle them around. They will cook down in the oven and melt all over! Pop in the oven on 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes and let it completely cool before serving! Enjoy!
1 1/2 cups Flour 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 cup coconut oil, at room temperature 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar 1/4 cup granulated sugar 1 large egg 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract 3/4 cup flaked coconut, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
1/2 cup of fresh raspberries
3/4 cup Lemon Curd
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 9×7 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream coconut oil and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and coconut extract. Mix well. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the flour mixture. Mix until combined, the dough will be crumbly. Stir in the 3/4 cup coconut.
4. Stir the lemon curd to loosen it up. Gently press half of dough into bottom of prepared baking dish. Evenly spread the lemon curd over dough. Sprinkle remaining dough over the top, making sure you cover the entire bars. Press gently to form the top layer. Sprinkle the additional coconut over the bars.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cool completely and cut into squares.
Stay tuned for tomorrow and the run down on the amazing HP x360