Hi friends! I get asked all the time about my hair and how I curl it. Well today is the day that I share with you! Let me start by telling you guys my hair does not hold curl very well. It falls fast and I have to use a lot of hair spray. With that said the dirtier my hair is the better the curl! Is this the same for anyone else? My hair will hold a curl like no other if it’s on day 3 so that’s a little secret of mine!
Today I’m using the T3 “Twirl Convertible” Curling Iron Interchangeable Clip Barrel 1.25″. I LOVE it! It is so easy to use, has 5 heat options so it customizes to any hair type (I use the highest), and has an interchangeable head that you can put different types of barrels on it! I love this last option especially for summer coming up when I like to change my hair up a lot more!
Below I have shown pictures of how I curl my hair. I have already curled the bottom layer of my hair so I will show you on the top. Robe: Sudara
1. Start in layers. (I have already curled the bottom layer of my hair so I will work on the top in the pictures)
2. Take a 1-2 inch piece.
3. Clip hair in barrel and slide it to the middle of your hair
4. Twist up about 1-2 inches from the root of your head & hold for about 10 seconds
5. Slide the barrel to the bottom of your hair leaving about 1 inch out
6. Twist it all the way up & hold for another 10 seconds.
7. Let hair down and cup it in your palm for about 5 seconds. This helps to cool the curl and keeps it shape.
8. Do your hold head leaving the front pieces out
9. Front pieces I curl once start 1 inch from the bottom the same way throughout the rest of my head
10. I pin the front pieces until I’m finished getting ready to make sure they stay curled throughout the day
11. I run my fingers through my hair to loosen up the curls & finish off with Paul Mitchelle Freeze and Shine.
Please let me know if you have any questions! XOXOSHOP THE T3