Hi loves! Today I decided to do a post on my nightly face routine and the products I use. I’m always getting asked my favorite products for certain things and what I suggest, so I thought I would share with all of you! I have somewhat sensitive skin. It’s combination, so sometimes I’m very oily with breakouts and other times I’m very dry. Skin care has always been important to me. There is no better feeling than having good healthy skin. I have attached links to where you can find them. Hope you enjoy and just comment if you have any questions!
STEP ONE: Cleansing
SkinCeuticals Micro Exfoliating Scrub: here / SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser: here
Clear Days Ahead: here / Purity: here / Soy Face Cleanser: here
When cleansing my face I stick to mild cleansers that remove makeup very well. Also, it is important to switch up your cleansers every couple days so your face does not get immune to just one. I also use my Clarisonic about 3-4 times a week which, helps keep my skin clean & smooth! I have 4 different cleansers that I LOVE and alternate!
1. Purity by Philosophy:This is my favorite basic mild cleanser that I use everyday. It is my “go-to” and is great for any skin type!
2. Soy Face Cleaners by Fresh:This is another great mild cleanser that I use & switch up with Purity. Very fresh and clean scent.
3. Clear Days Ahead Cleanser: This product is great for those break out days! Mild on the skin but helps clear your face within a day or two. Note: only use cleaners with salicylic acid in them when you are breaking out. They are not meant to be used everyday. They are “preventive use” specifically when you are breaking out. Otherwise they are too harsh on your face and your face become immune to the product and it will not longer work.
5. SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser:This gentle cleanser is great for dry skin. It is cream-based so it is extra moisturizing. It is not the best for washing off makeup so I tend to use this on the days I don’t wear any makeup. Great for sensitive skin!
4. SkinCeuticals Micro Exfoliating Scrub: This is THE best exfoliating scrub out there! It is very grainy and scrubs off all the dead skin. The best thing about this scrub is that the exfoliating grains are fine little circles so they do not make little cuts in your face, unlike most scrubs. I only use this 2-3 times a week. Using it too much can cause breakouts. I will use this after I have fully washed my face.
STEP 2: Moisturize
SkinCeuticals Conditioning Solution: here / Glamglow Youthmud: here
Josie Maran Argan Oil: here/ Take a Deep Breath: here
I can’t stress enough how important it is to moisturize! This has so many benefits! It helps with aging, softer skin, and it adds a little barrier between your pores and dirt & oil.
1. 100% Pure Argan Oil & Argan Oil Light by Josie Maran: This is one of my all time favorite products! It is great for dry skin and normal skin. It adds just enough moisture without being oily! I like the regular for night and then sometimes use the light under my makeup for the day. Also this product does not make you breakout, thank goodness.
2. Take a Deep Breath by Philosophy: This face cream is great! It is very light & does not block your pores. Great for night time to help let your face breath a little more.
3. Glamglow Youthmud: This mask is wonderful, I swear by it! It is a “tinglexfoliate” that removes dirt & oil from your pores and leaves your skin moisturized and glowing!
4. SkinCeuticals Conditioning Solution:This product is great and acts somewhat like a toner. I spray a little bit on a round cotton pad and will swipe it around my face. It helps to brighten, resurface, and moisturize your skin. Love it!
Josie Maran Argan Oil Lip Treatment: here / Clear Days Ahead: here
The details on your face are just as important as your skin itself. By “details” I mean your eyes, lips, and of course that pesky zit! These are my favorite products for making sure my little “details” are always under control.
1. Nip + Fab Eye Fix by Viper Venom: This product is outstanding! It is a simple rollerball that you roll around your eyes before you do to bed and wake up looking so well rested! It always adds moisture around your eyes, which is great for preventing any wrinkles.
2. Smartlash Eyelash Enhancer: I love this stuff! Not only does it help your eyelashes grow longer it helps them to grow in thicker! You just apply it on the base of where your eyelashes grow with the little brush applicator and poof it’s magic!
3. On a Clear Day Spot Treatment: This is a great product for spot treating those annoying zits! It has salicylic acid which helps kill the bacteria and it also has a “fading agent” which helps reduce the redness of the zit and helps it to fade over time. This is a must buy for any of you that get little “friends” once in awhile.
4. Argan Lip Treatment by Josie Maran: This product is wonderful for when your lips a super dry! I just put a little on right before I go to sleep and wake up in the morning with moistest lips!
5. Baby Lips Dr. Rescue by Maybelline: I love this little chap stick! For one I love all the babylips but specifically this one because is has just a hint menthol that makes your lips moist and tingly! It also comes in variety of colors too for the day.