11 ways to keep your glow throughout winter
I’m super excited about this post and hope you guys find a product or 2 that you love just as much as I do and find beneficial! When it comes to the winter months my skin pays a price. It gets dull, dry, and my color just seems blah! Anyone else? It takes a couple extra steps and products throughout the colder months. So I have teamed up with Nordstrom and I’m sharing some of my go-to products to keep my skin fresh, hydrated, and glowing! These are products I have been using for years and swear by them! Please let me know if you have any questions!
In addition to moisturizing you actually need to do much more to keep the youthful glow in your skin during winter! Try keep your skin soft, smooth and gorgeous, keep reading to see which of these products will work wonders for you.
Below, I’m going to talk a little bit about each product and why I love them so much!
1. Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask– This mask has got to be one of the biggest skin life savers ever! I use it just a few times a month since it is super strong. This mask is also perfect for when a small zit pops up in the worst spot of your face, like right in the middle of your cheek?! Yeah, been there!
2. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser– This face cleanser is a dream come true for your skin during the winter months! It is super soft and does not have an overpowering scent which I prefer over highly scented products. It completely gets rid of any makeup on your face and leaves your skin feeling refreshed and revived.
3. Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask– I LOVE this gel face mask! I use this once a week to really keep the moisture within my skin. It is super cooling and refreshing. It is a great mask to use at the end of the day when you are ready to unwind and relax. This gel mask helps to sooth dry and itchy skin. One jar will last you at least a year. A little goes a long way!
4. BKR water bottle– It is so important to stay hydrated all year round and especially in the winter months! Water helps keep your skin hydrated, and gets rid of the toxins in your body. Everyone around me (even me) has been sick on and off during the winter, staying hydrated has helped me bounce back from feeling groggy!
5. Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb– Perfume has always been something that I’ve loved for forever. This is such a beautiful scent for the winter time. It is strong, feminine and all around luxurious! Spray Flowerbomb it on your scarf or a little in your hair to keep smelling the scent all day long.
6. Vitamin Nectar Fresh Face Mask– If you’re looking for a glower booster with instant results, this is totally the mask for you! If I have event going on at night and my skin is in desperate need of an extra pick me up, I always use this mask to look vibrant and glowy!
7. L’Occitan Almond Shower Oil – How can something that smells SO yummy be so effective! I love this stuff and so does trevor! We keep it in our shower and it’s so creamy and leaves my skin feel hydrated but not with tons of residue. I also love the Almond Milk Concentrate it smells heavenly!
8. Lipstick pop of color – A good lip color can tie your whole look together and make you appear more vibrant. Even if it’s just a little gloss it will go a long way!
9. Nail Polish – I need to be a little bit better about this but I find that in the winter months my nails get so dry and brittle! If I keep them painted they do so much better. It’s probably just me giving them a little more TLC but I love when they are painted and not breaking every 10 seconds.
10. Mac Prep + Prime: I LOVE this spray! It keeps my face hydrated and I spray it every morning after I wash my face for little pick me up. I like this one because it’s more than just priming my face for makeup it’s also giving it a little drink when it feels dry + tight. Sometimes I also spray it on at night after I’ve washed my face before I put my creams on.
11. Kate Somerville Exfolikate: I love love love this product. If you’re looking for a great exfoliate to scrub off all your dead skin while penetrating good ingredients into your face, this is the one! It does an amazing job at getting all the dead skin off while smell amazing and you can actually feel the product working! I always have to remember not to scrub too hard because this one is powerful!